- 3 cans whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pkg. thinly sliced bacon
- 1 bottle teriyaki sauce (look for the one with the fewest carbs)
- 2 tsp. Splenda (or more, to taste — I actually like mine sweeter)
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar Diabetisweet (or just use more Splenda, if you don’t have it)
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
The quantities above are for a party-sized batch. Divide by 3 if you just want to do a batch for home use and then, instead of making them in the oven, you can do them on a paper towel lined microwave baking dish in two or three batches. The length of time you microwave them will depend upon the strength of your microwave. Try 2-3 minutes for starters. If you are doing the BIG batch, it’s more practical to bake them, so preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
|Step 1 Mix everything together in a bowl. Let it all soak for an hour or so.|
|Step 2 Wrap the bacon around the water chestnuts. Secure with toothpicks.|
|Step 3 Put on cookie sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes, or until brown. (Or place on paper towels on a microwaveable pan and microwave for just a few minutes.)|
|These are always a big hit at parties and the leftovers (don’t count on them!) are great for breakfast.|
If you have an olive tray, like the one shown to the left and above, it works great for serving these.