Smells great. Tastes great. Looks appetizing. My Chicken Pasta Bake with a Kick uses canned chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken to save time, Dreamfield’s pasta to lower the carbs, and Rotel tomates and chiles to add some zing. You’ll be glad it makes such a big batch.
- 1 box Dreamfields Penne pasta (or the pasta or your choice)
- 3 Tbsp. dry Hidden Valley Ranch mix (or you can use 1 can of cream of mushroom soup OR two packets of dry cream of chicken Cup a Soup mix by Lipton)
- 2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
- 3 cups cream, milk, or Half and Half
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans of Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 large cans chicken breast meat (or 4 cups cooked chicken)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350.
Boil your pasta according to package directions. Place our dry ingredients (or your can of soup) into a large pan. Add two blocks of cream cheese over low heat.
Get your 3 cups of cream, milk or Half and Half ready, but before you add it, stir the cream cheese thoroughly with the dry mixture or the soup. Then add the drained cans of chicken (or your 4 cups of shredded chicken meat) and your undrained cans of Ro-Tel.
Turn the heat up to medium. Stir well, then slowly add your 3 cups of water. Turn the heat up a little further and cook until it comes to a boil.
Turn off the heat and examine the mixture to make sure it’s mixed well. Get out a large bowl and, after draining your pasta, mix the pasta and the other mixture. I filled 5 loaf pans with the mixture. You could use a large baking dish instead. You’ll probably need more than just a 13 x 9, but see for yourself.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and grated parmesan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly (just like you!).