- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crushed or chopped
- 1 c. oil
- 1 c. Splenda
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. worstershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
Make the dressing first. Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until the onion is liquefied. If you don’t have a blender, mince the onion really fine and stir all the ingredients together like crazy.
Don’t add the dressing to the salad until right before you serve it. The dressing recipe makes enough for a couple of batches of salad at least. Put on enough dressing to lightly coat everything.
Refrigerate the remaining dressing.