I got this recipe from one of the ladies in my dinner club and I will be forever grateful. The name is odd, but the taste is sublime.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- small amount crushed red pepper flakes (to sprinkle on top)
- small amount chopped chives (fresh, preferably, to sprinkle on top)
- low carb toast points or deli cocktail rye bread
Mix together the first four ingredients. Spread thickly on small pieces of low carb toast points (or the kind of deli cocktail rye bread you find in compact little loaves in the deli section of the supermarket) and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Lightly sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top. If a tad bit of spiciness scares you, sprinkle with chives instead, or do a few with the red pepper flakes and a few with the chives. I recommend that if you are using chives, you wait until AFTER they bake to sprinkle the chives on. That way, they’ll have their full taste and color.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
These freeze well. Simply arrange them in a single layer on sheets of wax paper, then place inside a gallon freezer bag. Pull out and reheat from frozen.