- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 T. butter
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz. sour cream OR 2 1/2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. cream
- 2 oz. chopped green chilies (or chopped jalapeños, if you want more spiciness)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles (Dreamfield’s brand, for low carb)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan or romano cheese or a combination
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley (optional)
Cook a box of Dreamfield’s Penne Pasta.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the water on to boil and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
3. While the spaghetti is cooking, saute the onions in the butter until they are tender.
4. Mix together all the ingredients other than the spaghetti and the cheese. After these ingredients are all mixed, then gently stir in the spaghetti.
5. Pour the whole mixture into a greased 9 x 9 pan, or an oval baking dish.
6. Put the two cheeses on top in wide stripes so that you have four stripes. (If you prefer, just pick one type of cheese and use one cup of it, but it’s great with either and this gives you variety and also adds visual interest with the white cheese/yellow cheese stripes.)
7. Optional: Sprinkle finely chopped parsley on top for additional color. (Alternative: Stir the parsley into the spaghetti mixture before putting the cheese on.)
8. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.