It was one of those nights when I thought “What the heck are we having for dinner?” I raided the freezer and found some of my cooked Italian sausage and created a quick and easy meal.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian pizza seasoning
- Cream, as necessary to get the consistency you want
- Shredded parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 1 box pasta (I use Dreamfields, low carb)
Boil your pasta according to package directions. Get your sausage ready. If you’re lucky, you cooked 4 pounds in advance and froze the meat in one pound increments in freezer bags, so you can skip the mess and just thaw out one pound. Assemble your remaining ingredients.
Put your alfredo sauce in a large sauce pan over medium heat and get it warm, stirring constantly. Add your sausage and stir again. Get out your tomato pasta and pizza seasoning.
Drain your pasta. Put the warm pasta sauce on top. Garnish with a little shredded parmesan cheese and a few tomatoes. Warm up the alfredo sauce.