I’m not a big fan of messy food and I used to hate the way tacos spilled their guts when laid on their sides. Now, with the magic of Taco Propers, the taco chaos can be corralled. Aren’t you relieved?
- Ground beef, browned, crumbled, and seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning mix
- Ripe avocados, chunked (watch for my video on the coolest avocado tool ever)
- Shredded cabbage (you could use lettuce, but it’s so wimpy compared to cabbage and the cabbage has just a hint of sweetness)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- Salsa/picante sauce of your choice
- Optional: diced red onion, sour cream
Brown your ground beef, crumble it, and sprinkle on your taco seasoning. Remove the pit from your avocado and chunk it. Prop up your tacos with Taco Propers. (Yes, you can get low carb taco shells. They are La Tiara brand and I can even find them in my local grocery store. They’re super thin and crispy, which I love!) Place a little shredded cabbage in first.
Next comes the meat, then the salsa, followed by the cheese, the avocados, and the tomatoes. Ay caramba! These look muy bonito and delicioso!
Leave a Reply