- Romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- Ground Sirloin, browned with your choice of taco seasonings
- Black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded monterey jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced avocadoes
- Sliced or chopped red onion
- Salad dressing of your choice (optional)
- low carb tortillas (optional)
While you are browning the ground beef with the taco seasoning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pull out all the other ingredients. Chop, shred, slice. If you have picky eaters, allow each one to create a custom salad.
Spray the tortilla bakers with nonstick spray. Insert the tortillas and spray the tortillas themselves. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to crisp at room temperature. Use as a festive bowl. For variety, you can sprinkle the tortilla, right after you have sprayed it with nonstick spray, with a little of the taco seasoning mix to season the shell. These are beautiful served in baked low carb tortilla shells.