I love this dish. It’s been a favorite for over 30 years. I finally figured out that to make it pretty, you can simply make it in individual ramekins or square individual casserole dishes. You can halve this recipe, but later, when you’re hoping you have leftovers, you will be sorry you did.
- 2 cans French cut green beans
- 2 cans shoe peg corn (I know it’s not low carb, but I eat it in this recipe anyway)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of whatever soup (mushroom, chicken, celery — it all works)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- French Fried onions for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain all the liquid from the cans of green beans and corn. Chop and dice and measure. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into your individual ramekins or casserole dishes. (Or you could put it into a 9 x 13 pan, it just won’t be as pretty.)
Top with French Fried Onions which you have crushed slightly. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Leave a Reply