- Broccoli florets
- Red onion
- Yellow Squash and/or zucchini
- Cherry tomatoes
- Rotini pasta (I use Dreamfields, low carb).
Thinly slice your red onions. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half. Cut up your broccoli florets (and blanche them, if you like — I do) and do an interesting cut on your pieces of yellow squash and zucchini. Add some carrot shreds and broccoli stalk shreds, if you like.
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Make your Essential Vinaigrette or get out your favorite Italian dressing. Put all the ingredients in the bowl together. Top with a generous amount of dressing. Serve.
You may find that it helps to add a little additional vinaigrette the next day, if you are serving leftover salad. It seems to freshen it up.
- Use green onions, rather than red.
- Use cauliflower, rather than broccoli.
- Add a little shredded cheese and some strips of salami.
- Add some fresh herbs.
Leave a Reply